What is currently on my needles:
- Aunt Linda’s Heirloom Blanket
- I’m HALFWAY!!! It took a little longer than I thought, because I had to add two panels to get the length I wanted. Now it’s a tad bit too long, but I’d rather it be too long, than too short.
- I have until August 28th to finish it. We go visit her on the 29th. The good part is- I’m only decreasing from here on out. And if I can knit two panels a night (1 lace panel and 1 garter panel), then I’ll make it. If not- I’ll be knitting on the ride up there… and in the hotel room…
And of course there are the three others…
- Weasley Sweater
I have the photo for this one, but it’s on my home computer. Will upload it once I get home tonight.
- Scroll Fingerless Gloves
Still not on needles. But sitting patiently in it’s sandwich bag.
- Princess Lace Wrap
Not started again yet. Probably won’t be till next year.
In other news:
I will be participating in NANOWRIMO this November (I participate every year, even if nothing particularly usable comes of it). It’s a way of flexing my literary muscles. So I will need to knit probably three projects in October, instead of my normal two (one major and one minor). I won’t have time to knit very much (knitting and writing take up the same amount of usable free time), and dictating to software takes too long (plus I usually write in places with a lot of ambient noise).
So let’s take a look at where I am for my yearly goals, and my Project Queue:
Yearly goal – My Aunt Linda Blanket is Project #11 (I’m not counting the Class swatches as a project). So once that is finished (by this weekend) – I will have only one more to do to finish my yearly goal of 12 projects.
Technique goal – The only one I have left to do is to steek something. I have done a little colorwork (and I still have a little left to do, since I still have two more items to go in my Helm’s Deep set). I have learned a simple cable (in my Class Swatches).
1. Hubby socks – I think I’ll need to make two pairs. Either one proper pair of socks and one pair of anklets, OR one pair of anklets and some slippers.
2. Nano Ninja – I need to make two of these. One black and white, and one white and tan. These should be quick knits.
3. Treveon Blanket – Baby blanket. I’m still toying with the alphabet blocks idea. If not, just alternating diagonal stripes of color.
4. Hubby Hoodie
5. The other two Helm’s Deep items – 1 hat and 1 pair of fingerless gloves
6. Tracy hat
7. Baby cowboy set (The knit version of THIS PIC)
I figure I can do the first three in September. And then 5 & 6 in October. That leaves 4 and 7 for December and January. (The queue is supposed to take me to the end of January. If I stick a Christmas scarf or two in there – it will. If not- I’ll be twiddling my thumbs for at least half of January.)